Friday, September 19, 2008

"Do Not Fear"


During this election year and as we draw nearer to choosing our next President my mind has been caught up to much worry and fear! What lies ahead for not only us but more specifically our children? I love my children with all my heart, which I think is obvious as the majority of our blog consists of pictures of our children. For all of you that know me, you know that I tend to worry about EVERYTHING! So it is probably not hard to believe that my mind is troubled yet again. This time I think it is justifiably worried! The world continues to grow more and more wicked and Godless! I don't know how people make it through life without acknowledging their Creator! Nevertheless the world is filled with those who forget their God and try so incredibly hard to convince themselves that wickedness is happiness! Because of this I worry what lies ahead for my sweet children. What are they going to have to face and encounter? With these thoughts I remembered a talk given by Elder Boyd K. Packer in General Conference in 2004, entitled "Do Not Fear." Today I finally sat down to read this talk. I am so glad I did! It is wonderful and gives so much encouragement. For all of you with the same types of worry or even if you don't worry, read this talk! The link is below, you might have to copy and paste.

6 comments:

Jennifer Salmon said...

Bailey is getting so big and your little Spencer is adorable. I have never seen him growing up. what a cutie!

M Evans said...

Thanks for the reminder not to fear, it was nice to read through that talk again, I remember it being one of my favs. (I found your blog through Reddin and Karen’s!) Your home and Children are beautiful!
Megan and Marcus

Deb said...

I worry constantly about my children and the world we live in too! It's hard not to fear. What a great talk. Thanks for the reminder.

Sassy said...

I ♥ THAT TALK! FEAR....that's a really hard one everytime you step outside your door you are hit with it and it seriously scares the tar out of me for my kiddo's and my grandkiddo's...

I can not believe how BIG your little Spencer is getting!!!!! They both are just adorable! Thank you for leaving a comment...

The Vernon Mackeys said...

those are some stinkin' cute pics of the kids

angiedunn said...

i too am very familiar with this talk: it's a great one for us all, worriers like me especially. (: thanks for the reminders, girl.