Friday, May 30, 2008

Memorial Day!

Our Family had a fun weekend! Sunday was my birthday and it was a great day! At first Bailey refused to say Happy Birthday to me. She is so funny! For some reason she hates the Happy Birthday song and screams and cries whenever we sing it! She is making progress though. By the end of the day she was singing Happy Birthday! Spencer was so great! He got the children ready for church and prepared and cooked dinner! We had dinner at and spent the night at Spencer's sister's house which is about 45 minutes away from our house. She made a delicious spinach salad and the strawberry cake you see above. I love Strawberry cake! The next morning we went with Spener's sister and her family to Jeremiah's. Jeremiah's is a restaurant in Ogden. They have great breakfasts. We were all going to go hiking after breakfast but we had lots and lots of rain, which prevented us from hiking. We sure enjoyed our weekend with family. Bailey sure gets excited to see and spend time with her cousins and Aunt Kris and Uncle Ben. Thank you Ashcrofts for a fun weekend!




Sunday night the kids did sparklers. Bailey was a little unsure at first, but seemed to enjoy it.

I think this was an exhausting weekend for little SWB!






4 comments:

Deb said...

Happy birthday to you! I ran into a friend of mine at basha's while I was buying cake and icecream the other day, so she asked me who's birthday it was. I told her no one, I'm just obsessed with cake and icecream...Yum.

We thought about hiking on Memorial Day but decided it's too hot here for that. Instead we spent the day the day at IKEA.

Karen said...

How fun. I am gald you had a good birthday. The cake looks very good.

kristi said...

Spencer-I made sure Tyler saw your last message and I think he wrote down your number. You should give him a call and tell him what a bad friend he is for not responding 480-330-0427 If he asks where you got the number tell him it came to you in a dream because you are that intune :o)I know he would like to talk with you.

The Mortensen Family! said...

Congrats on your new bunndle of joy. We sure do miss you guys. Looks like you are having fun UT!