Tuesday, February 26, 2008

March 12 is the day!

I just got back from the doctor and found out some scary/exciting news about when our baby will be coming. The doctor asked me what I wanted to do the last couple weeks of my pregnancy. Meaning did I want to schedule the induction. I told him it didn't matter to me and that my only concern was the baby being too large to deliver if we went over my due date or waited for me to go into labor by myself. So he looked at his calendar and gave me 2 options. We could schedule the induction for Tuesday March 11 or Wednesday March 12. I chose the 12Th. So, Spencer and I will be going to the hospital at 7 am March 12 and I will be induced. I really hope this baby is ready to come then! I don't want to rush him. This is so foreign to me because my last doctor wouldn't schedule an induction for me until I hit 41 weeks! I then asked him how big he thought the baby would be if he was already measuring 7 pounds. He said only about 7 1/2 or 8 pounds. I am feeling better about the size of our baby. I had previously heard that during your last 4 weeks the baby can gain about 1 pound per week so that's why I was thinking this baby would be so big. Apparently I was misinformed! Thank goodness!

5 comments:

Karen said...

That is exciting. You are going to do great.

angiedunn said...

good luck friend! you're gonna rock the delivery...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
McMemories said...

march 12th is the perfect day!! Thats Cadens birthday too!!! YAY!!

Melanie said...

Yikes! That is just 8/7 (depending on the time zone) days away. How exciting. We will be thinking of you. I can't wait to see pictures. Forrest, Rylee and I may come to UT the end of April and if we do we will definitely come visit!